Benefits of Drip Irrigation in Your Fall (Or Spring!) Garden
Fall is a great time of year to be outdoors enjoying your garden. When the New Jersey weather cools down, you may think that irrigation is less important than during the summer months. However, this is simply not the case. While gardens need more water in the hot summer months, they need the right amount of water year round. What’s the best way to make sure that your fall garden gets the right amount of water to keep flowers blooming and vegetables thriving? Install a drip irrigation system.
Drip irrigation is not only an extremely efficient method of watering because it targets specific areas or plants, it is a controlled irrigation method that ensures each part of your garden gets the right amount of water. Drip irrigation helps to avoid common problems caused by overwatering, such as:
- Root Rot – Too much water drowns and rots cssential plant roots.
- Lack Of Nutrition – Too much water washes away fertilizer & vital nutrients.
- Lack Of Oxygen – Too much water takes up space in the soil meant for oxygen, which is necessary for healthy plant growth.
Fall Gardens in Northern NJ
With a drip irrigation system in place in your garden, you will be able to sit back and enjoy a variety of different types of flowers and vegetables that bloom throughout the fall season, with very little maintenance. Here are a few cold weather crops and hearty fall flowers that thrive in our New Jersey weather, some even through the first few early frosts:
Choosing a professional install from one of our licensed irrigation specialists also gives you added control, with features such as:
- Custom Design: Based on your plants, soil, & other contributing factors.
- Rain Sensors: This smart feature reacts & responds based on the weather.
- Wifi Remote Control: Monitor & control your irrigation from anywhere!
- Winterbor Kale
- Top Bunch Collards
- Fall Crocus Bulbs
- Obediant Plant
- Sweet Autumn Clematis