Stop Mosquitoes & Ticks from Ruining Your Backyard Fun
Isn’t it time to protect your family and pets from harmful mosquitoes this summer?
You can keep your family free from disease and itchy mosquito bites when you invest in All Wet’s mosquito service throughout the season.
The Mosquito Problem
Mosquitoes create havoc at outdoor parties by buzzing in people’s ears and biting ankles and feet that cause itchy welts.
Did you know that some people get bit more often than others?
It’s true. Female mosquitoes will be attracted to those who’re wearing red, navy blue or black as well as other signals that people expel.
You want to enjoy your backyard this summer without having to worry about mosquitoes biting you or your family and friends during an outdoor party. Plus, mosquito bites can transfer diseases, such as West Nile and Zika viruses.
What Is All Wet’s Mosquito Control?
When you hire us at All Wet, our lawn care professional will spray Yard Defense, an EPA registered mosquito control, around the perimeter of your home.
Then, we’ll spray your lawn’s perimeter to create a barrier to keep mosquitoes out. We’ll apply Yard Defense around trees, shrubs and mulch as well.
There’s no mosquito service that’s 100% effective because mosquitoes can fly into your property from a neighbor’s yard. However, you’ll notice a reduction in mosquitoes right away.
Here’s how Yard Defense’s effectiveness works:
- You can expect up to a 65% effectiveness after your 1st Yard Defense treatment.
- You can expect up to a 90% effectiveness after your 3rd Yard Defense treatment.
We start applying Yard Defense after five days of 50°F temperatures. If the weather cooperates, we’ll return to your property 21 days later to apply the second Yard Defense treatment.
Yard Defense is a safe mosquito control product. However, you need to wait until the product dries—usually within one hour—before sending your children and pets outside to play.
We can apply up to 10 treatments in one season, depending on how wet the summer is each year. Also, the weather determines when we’ll apply your Yard Defense treatments.
Yard Defense’s Added Bonus: Tick Control
As you know, ticks can be as dangerous, if not more so, than mosquitoes. Protect your children and pets from tick bites with Yard Defense.
When you say tick bite, most people think Lyme disease. And yes, New Jersey ticks harbor and spread Lyme disease. But other tick-borne diseases are on the rise as well in New Jersey.
Here are some other diseases that come from ticks:
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
Protect your family from tick bites this summer with Yard Defense!
You Can Reduce Mosquitoes Buzzing Around in Your New Jersey Yard
One way to reduce mosquito activity on your property includes getting rid of anything that holds water. For example, a water bottle cap is big enough for a female mosquito to lay her eggs.
Here are seven tips for reducing the number of mosquitoes on your property:
- Use window screens or insecticide-treated mosquito netting to keep mosquitoes out of your home.
- Empty containers that have standing water in them, such as birdbaths, flowerpots, pet dishes and kiddie pools.
- Shake out boat tarps and empty children’s toys of water.
- Wear long sleeves and pants when you’re outside.
- Avoid high mosquito activity times at dawn and dusk.
- Clean up leaf piles and decaying logs.
- Plant mosquito-repellent plants, such as basil, bee balm, citronella grass, floss flowers, marigold and lemon balm.