4 Ways to Make Green Products Work For Your Lawn
Now more than ever, people are making an effort to use environmentally friendly practices in their day to day lives. Unfortunately, most organic products come at a high price and do not perform as effectively as they could. Sadly, this is also the case with organic lawn fertilizer. Regardless of what manufacturers are saying, true organic fertilizer brands do not work in a timely manner or deliver the best results. And many lawn care providers that claim they use “organic fertilizer”, are not.
So, how do we find a balance between cost-effective, productive lawn care solutions and environmentally conscious methods?
Helpful Tips to Achieve a Perfect Lawn With Organic Fertilizer
Avoid Raking Grass Clippings
Every little bit helps! While some prefer to rake up leftover grass clippings after mowing their lawn, doing so doesn’t help your lawn. Leaving your grass clippings will allow them to decompose into the soil and provide a nutrient boost that will help your grass stay healthy all year long!
Aeration Is Key
Although you may only be able to see the top layer of your lawn, a live ecosystem exists beneath the surface! Therefore, to keep your grass thriving, it is essential to provide your yard with oxygen to nourish the organisms that call the soil beneath your yard home. Aeration does not require chemical use, and provides your yard with a plethora of benefits including:
- Reduced soil compaction: Aerated soil doesn’t need as much water and fertilizer to keep your lawn healthy.
- Increased growth: New seedlings can easily grow in aerated soil.
- Gas exchange: Gas exchange from soil to air increases lawn strength and resilience.
- Seasonal benefits: Aeration makes your lawn less susceptible to heat damage during summer and speeds up the recovery process after harsh New Jersey winters.
Part of being environmentally conscious means minimizing water use. However, there is no such thing as a healthy lawn without proper irrigation! To save water without sacrificing your lawn’s health, consider investing in a smart water-saving system which allows you to:
- Monitor Weather: Your smart system will know when a heavy rainstorm is right around the corner, and will switch your system off to avoid overwatering and creating runoff.
- Gain Remote Access: Smart controllers allow you to customize your lawn’s irrigation cycle from your smartphone or tablet.
- Receive Repair Alerts: Problems with your irrigation system can be tough to spot! Even minor damages can cause your system to run inefficiently, wasting water and increasing your bills. Smart irrigation systems automatically send an alert directly to your trusted contractor when damage is detected.
Quality Lawn Treatments
The truth of the matter is that without some form of chemical lawn treatment, you’re most likely not going to see your desired results for years. Albeit a disappointing realization, there are still ways to achieve a nice, green lawn while being environmentally conscious. All Wet Irrigation uses quality lawn treatments and fertilizers that are safe and effective without harming the planet! Additionally, our experts can create a personalized, year-round plan based on your unique soil composition that will provide your lawn with the proper maintenance it needs to stay healthy and green.
If you have any questions about how to best care for your lawn and the planet, give All Wet a call at (973) 366-8754. We are happy to help in any way we can!